Nguyen + Transitory / Ale Hop - live
presented by Female to Empower
presented by silent green and Female to Empower
Picnic concert with headphones
Doors: 6 pm
Start: 7 pm (Ale Hop 7 pm, Nguyễn + Transitory 8 pm)
In front of the old building of silent green, a green lawn invites you to linger. It's the perfect setting for a nice picnic and a great stage for wonderful musicians who can't wait to finally play live again. We will provide you with high-quality headphones and a picnic package, you bring cushions and blankets - and together we will finally enjoy a concert at silent green again.
Nguyen + Transitory
Nguyễn + Transitory consists of Nguyễn Baly and Tara Transitory. Their work crosses the disciplines of sound, performance and installation. Working primarily with modular synthesizers and analogue tape, they seek to approach sound, synthesis, noise, rhythm and performance from a less colonial angle - exploring how frequencies, the physicality of sound production and its random vibrations relate to cognitive memories, stored emotions and catharsis. Their practice also involves efforts to empirically learn more about various Southeast Asian and diaspora queer existences and lost histories.
Alejandra Cardenas (aka Ale Hop, b. Lima, Peru) is a Berlin-based artist, researcher, and experimental instrumentalist from Peru. She composes electronic and electroacoustic music, by blending strains of noise, pop, avant-garde, ambient and a complex repertoire of extended techniques for electric guitar and real-time sampling devices which she uses as her sound vocabulary to craft a performance of astonishing physical intensity, saturated of layers of distortion and stunning atmospheres.
Some notes on the concert:
- Please get your ticket in advance. All data registered online or on site will be stored for four weeks for contact tracing and then destroyed.
- It is necessary to wear a facemask – medical mask (outside) / FFP2 mask (inside) – in all areas (can be removed at the seating area during the event), to keep distance to other people at all times (at least 1.5 metres), to wash or disinfect your hands regularly and to only sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm.
- Please pay attention to signposting, indications and routing.
- Minimum distances on the lawn are marked.
- There will be no seating, so pack picnic blankets or seat cushions instead.
- A maximum of four people from two households may sit together.
- A picnic package can be booked as an option with the ticket and will be handed out on site at the entrance. Please note: You are not allowed to bring your own food.
- Please come early to avoid long queues. From 6 pm, the lawn and beverage sales will be open for you and we will hand out the picnic packages.
- We start and finish early so that the site is empty at 10 pm for the sake of our neighbours.
- The concert will take place outdoors, in case of bad weather forecast the event will be cancelled. The decision will be announced on the day of the event at about 3 pm.
Funded by NEUSTART KULTUR, Initiative Musik and die Beauftragte der Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien (BKM)