Bendik Giske *sold out*
Bendik Giske (NO/DE) is an artist and saxophonist who uses physicality, vulnerability and endurance as his means of expression. His debut album Surrender was released on Smalltown Supersound in early 2019. It follows the Adjust EP with remixes from Total Freedom and Lotic, as well as Rezzett and Deathprod.
Giske takes the building blocks of electronic music and plays them live - without layering or looping, as best he can to let all the flaws of being human come through. He cites Lindstrom's arpeggio sounds and Evan Parker's circular breathing as references, and by combining the two extreme sides of the scale, he seamlessly fuses freeform jazz and club music. As a composer, Giske has created original works for dance and theatre, and as a performer he is as versatile as he is captivating.
Some notes on the concert:
- Please get your ticket in advance – moste likely there will be no box office. All data registered online or on site will be stored for four weeks for contact tracing and then destroyed.
- In order to attend an event, you must currently provide proof of a daily negative test, complete vaccination protection (the last vaccination must be 14 days ago) or that you are recovering.
- It is necessary to wear a facemask – medical mask (outside) / FFP2 mask (inside) – in all areas (can be removed at the seating area during the event), to keep distance to other people at all times (at least 1.5 metres), to wash or disinfect your hands regularly and to only sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm.
- Please pay attention to signposting, indications and routing.
- Fixed seats will be allocated.
- A maximum of two people may sit together.
- All rooms are ventilated before and after the event as well as during breaks and whenever the schedule permits.
- Visitors with symptoms of a cold and those who have had contact with a person suffering from COVID-19 in the last 14 days are asked to stay at home for their own protection and that of others. Guests with recognisable symptoms of a respiratory infection and those who are unwilling to engage with our precautions will unfortunately have to be asked to leave.
- We recommend using the federal government's Corona-Warn-App.
Saturday, July 3, 2021
The concert will also be streamed live via YouTube and Facebook.
Funded by NEUSTART KULTUR, Initiative Musik and die Beauftragte der Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien (BKM)