Grandbrothers + Children of the Light (Concert 2/2) *sold out*
Light by Children of the Light
Doors: 9.30 pm
Start: 10.30 pm
In January, Erol Sarp and Lukas Vogel, better known as Grandbrothers, released their third studio album All The Unknown. The accompanying European and UK tour will now have to take place somewhat delayed in October and November due to the pandemic.
For their concerts at Betonhalle, Grandbrothers are collaborating for the first time with Amsterdam-based light artists Children of the Light (Christopher Gabriel and Arnout Hulskamp). Together with the artist duo, who have their origins in club culture as well as conceptual art and have already worked with musicians such as Philip Glass, Darkside or Nicolas Jaar, they create a multimedia and immersive experience in which the special windowless space with its industrial charm and bare walls itself becomes a protagonist of the production.
The basis for Grandbrothers' performance remains their extraordinary live set-up. Using an innovative system of self-built equipment and customised computer software, they transform the piano into a versatile, polyphonic sound source that can be operated like a giant drum machine to produce a wide variety of timbres.
Before their big concert at the Philharmonie on March 1, 2022, the two shows at silent green will remain the only opportunity to see Grandbrothers live in Berlin this year.
Some notes on the concert:
- Please get your ticket in advance – moste likely there will be no box office. All data registered online or on site will be stored for four weeks for contact tracing and then destroyed.
- In order to attend an event, you must currently provide proof of a daily negative test, complete vaccination protection (the last vaccination must be 14 days ago) or that you are recovering.
- It is necessary to wear a facemask – medical mask (outside) / FFP2 mask (inside) – in all areas (can be removed at the seating area during the event), to keep distance to other people at all times (at least 1.5 metres), to wash or disinfect your hands regularly and to only sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm.
- Please pay attention to signposting, indications and routing.
- Fixed seats will be allocated.
- A maximum of two people may sit together.
- All rooms are ventilated before and after the event as well as during breaks and whenever the schedule permits.
- Visitors with symptoms of a cold and those who have had contact with a person suffering from COVID-19 in the last 14 days are asked to stay at home for their own protection and that of others. Guests with recognisable symptoms of a respiratory infection and those who are unwilling to engage with our precautions will unfortunately have to be asked to leave.
- We recommend using the federal government's Corona-Warn-App.
Funded by NEUSTART KULTUR, Initiative Musik and die Beauftragte der Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien (BKM)