THE GARDEN: AIDS WALK in Central Park + Absolutely Positive
AIDS Walk in Central Park, Milena Gierke USA/GER 1995, S8, 6 min + Absolutely Positive, Peter Adair, Janet Cole, USA 1991, 16mm, 87 min
In the courtyard of silent green, we present two films that had their premiere at the Berlinale Forum in the same year as The Garden: Peter Adair's Absolutely Positive consists of conversations with 11 men and women who tested HIV positive as they deal with life, illness and death. As a supporting film we show AIDS Walk by Milena Gierke, made in 1995 in Central Park.
Some notes on the event:
- Please use the online ticket sale. All data registered online or on site will be stored for four weeks for contact tracing and then destroyed.
- It is necessary to wear a medical or FFP2 mask in all areas (can be removed at the seating area during the event), to keep distance to other people at all times (at least 1.5 metres), to wash or disinfect your hands regularly and to only sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm.
- No daily negative test is necessary.
- Please pay attention to signposting, indications and routing.
- Fixed seating are allocated.
- Visitors with symptoms of a cold and those who have had contact with a person suffering from COVID-19 in the last 14 days are asked to stay at home for their own protection and that of others. Guests with recognisable symptoms of a respiratory infection and those who are unwilling to engage with our precautions will unfortunately have to be asked to leave.
- We recommend using the federal government's Corona-Warn-App.
silent green courtyard
9.30 pm (OV with subtitles/headphones)
Introduction by Stefanie Schulte Strathaus