THE GARDEN: "Garden of Luxor (Burning the Pyramids)" + "Sleepy Haven" and others
Garden of Luxor (Burning the Pyramids), Derek Jarman, 1973, 9 min + Sleepy Haven, Matthias Müller, GER 1993, 15 min + Bruce Lee in the Land of Balzac, Maria Thereza Alves, FRA 2007, 2 min + Records From the Excited State - Chapter 3, Regie: Malak Helmy, Egypt 2012, 6 min + ‘abl ma ‚ansa (Before I Forget), Mariam Mekiwi, Egypt/GER 2018, 31 min.
Finally, a lesser known gem by Derek Jarman: Garden of Luxor (Burning the Pyramids will be shown along with films by Matthias Müller, Maria Thereza Alves, Malak Helmy and Mariam Mekiwi.
Some notes on the event:
- Please use the online ticket sale. All data registered online or on site will be stored for four weeks for contact tracing and then destroyed.
- It is necessary to wear a medical or FFP2 mask in all areas (can be removed at the seating area during the event), to keep distance to other people at all times (at least 1.5 metres), to wash or disinfect your hands regularly and to only sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm.
- No daily negative test is necessary.
- Please pay attention to signposting, indications and routing.
- Fixed seating are allocated.
- Visitors with symptoms of a cold and those who have had contact with a person suffering from COVID-19 in the last 14 days are asked to stay at home for their own protection and that of others. Guests with recognisable symptoms of a respiratory infection and those who are unwilling to engage with our precautions will unfortunately have to be asked to leave.
- We recommend using the federal government's Corona-Warn-App.
silent green courtyard
9.30 pm (OV with subtitles/headphones)
Introduction by Stefanie Schulte Strathaus