Nora Krahl (Cello), Angelika Niescier (Saxophone), Defne Şahin (Vocals) & Selen Gülün (Piano)
The Tarabya Ensemble, a pool of German and Turkish musicians, mostly from the fields of jazz, world music and improvised music, will perform for the first time with an all-female line-up. Selen Gülün and Angelika Niescier met during their scholarship at the Kulturakademie. There was an immediate musical spark between the two artists. Their strong, emotional original compositions, which bring out the different facets of jazz in an incomparable way, will now be performed for the first time in Berlin with Nora Krahl and Defne Şahin.
An event as part of the Studio Bosporus festival in cooperation with silent green Kulturquartier.
Studio Bosporus is an event of the Tarabya Cultural Academy in cooperation with Kunstraum Kreuzberg/Bethanien with the kind support of Stiftung Mercator and LOTTO-Stiftung Berlin. Kulturakademie Tarabya is run by the German Embassy Ankara, the Goethe-Institut Istanbul bears curatorial responsibility.
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Doors: 6.30 pm / Start: 7.30 pm
Some notes on the event:
- Please use the online ticket sale. All data registered online or on site will be stored for four weeks for contact tracing and then destroyed.
- It is necessary to wear a medical or FFP2 mask in all areas (can be removed at the seating area during the event), to keep distance to other people at all times (at least 1.5 metres), to wash or disinfect your hands regularly and to only sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm.
- In order to attend the event, you must currently provide proof of a daily negative test, of complete vaccination (the last vaccination must be 14 days ago) or of recovery.
- Please pay attention to signposting, indications and routing.
- Fixed seating are allocated.
- Visitors with symptoms of a cold and those who have had contact with a person suffering from COVID-19 in the last 14 days are asked to stay at home for their own protection and that of others. Guests with recognisable symptoms of a respiratory infection and those who are unwilling to engage with our precautions will unfortunately have to be asked to leave.
- We recommend using the federal government's Corona-Warn-App.
photo: ©Kulturakademie Tarabya_NarPhotos