Joy Denalane im Zeitmagazin-Gespräch
Talk and concert
Talk and concert
With her Motown debut Let Yourself Be Loved, Joy Denalane has released her latest album. Recently, a deluxe version with five songs that have not yet been made public was published. The covers of this vinyl edition were designed by illustrator Diana Ejaita and presented at vernissages with Galerie Ruttkowski;68 in Cologne and Paris. Joy Denalane, one of the most successful German musicians of her generation, is the first German to release on the Motown label alongside soul legends such as Diana Ross, Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder.
Christoph Amend, editorial director of ZEITmagazin and editor of Weltkunst, talks to the Berlin-born artist about her life and her music. Joy Denalane will sing pieces from her new album live, accompanied by piano.
The talk will be held in german.
Tuesday, October 26
Doors: 6 pm / Start: 7 pm
Some notes on the event:
- Please use the online ticket sale. All data registered online or on site will be stored for four weeks for contact tracing and then destroyed.
- It is necessary to wear a medical or FFP2 mask in all areas (can be removed at the seating area during the event), to keep distance to other people at all times (at least 1.5 metres), to wash or disinfect your hands regularly and to only sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm.
- In order to attend the event, you must currently provide proof of a daily negative test, of complete vaccination (the last vaccination must be 14 days ago) or of recovery.
- Please pay attention to signposting, indications and routing.
- Fixed seating are allocated.
- Visitors with symptoms of a cold and those who have had contact with a person suffering from COVID-19 in the last 14 days are asked to stay at home for their own protection and that of others. Guests with recognisable symptoms of a respiratory infection and those who are unwilling to engage with our precautions will unfortunately have to be asked to leave.
- We recommend using the federal government's Corona-Warn-App.