The drummer Andrea Belfi, like the brass ensemble Zinc & Copper, has been a fixture on the international experimental music scene for years. At KONTRAKLANG, they now present a collaboration for the first time - Belfi's work Golden Canons for brass, percussion and synthesiser. Together with Zinc & Copper, he explores the repetitive structures of individual melodies within canonic forms. In the process, apparently far-flung musical areas are linked together, such as dub and pastoral. Belfi's years of sound research on the fringes of the acoustic and electronic music worlds are incorporated in it, as is the unique sound of Zinc & Copper, which was recently heard at KONTRAKLANG together with organist Ellen Arkbro.
Nguyen + Transitory consists of Nguyen Baly and Tara Transitory. They work on the borderline between sound, performance and installation, mainly with modular synthesizers and analogue tapes. They try to look at sound, synthesis, noise, rhythm and performative aspects less from a colonial perspective - instead they investigate the connection of sound frequencies, the physicality of sound production and the resulting vibrations with cognitive memories, stored emotions and catharsis. At KONTRAKLANG they present an electronic duo set.
Saturday, November 20
Doors: 19:30 Uhr / Start: 20 Uhr
Some notes on the event:
- Please use the online ticket sale. All data registered online or on site will be stored for four weeks for contact tracing and then destroyed.
- We still recommend to wear a medical or FFP2 mask in all areas (can be removed at the seating area during the event), to keep distance to other people at all times (at least 1.5 metres), to wash or disinfect your hands regularly and to only sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm.
- In order to attend the event, you must currently provide proof of of complete vaccination (the last vaccination must be 14 days ago) or of recovery.
- Please pay attention to signposting, indications and routing.
- Visitors with symptoms of a cold and those who have had contact with a person suffering from COVID-19 in the last 14 days are asked to stay at home for their own protection and that of others. Guests with recognisable symptoms of a respiratory infection and those who are unwilling to engage with our precautions will unfortunately have to be asked to leave.
- We recommend using the federal government's Corona-Warn-App.