ORFEO allein // CONTINUUM (Lambert Colson, cornett / Liam Byrne, viola da gamba / Philipp Lamprecht, percussion / Elina Albach, organ & harpsichord)
After the successful production "Johannespassion für Tenor allein, Cembalo, Orgel und Schlagwerk", harpsichordist Elina Albach has taken on the challenge of breaking down another baroque work to the minimum: Claudio Monteverdi's famous opera "L'ORFEO".
Elina Albach and her ensemble CONTINUUM realise a chamber music version of this impressive piece. The ensemble CONTINUUM reduces the musical material to four baroque multi-instrumentalists: Elina Albach with the keyboard instruments harpsichord and organ, Liam Byrne with various viola da gamba instruments, the exceptional tine player Lambert Colson and Philipp Lamprecht with a versatile historical and modern percussion set-up. The action is clarified via equally reduced text projections, with the instrumental and original arrangement of the vocal parts (Eurydice, Orfeo, La Musica, etc.) thus developing an even stronger dramatic effect.
ORFEO alone is a production by CONTINUUM in cooperation with PODIUM Esslingen, funded by the Senate Department for Culture and Europe of the State of Berlin.
Monday, September 20 2021
Tickets for 20,-€ and reduced 12,-€ can be purchased at tickets(at)continuu-m.com or 030/80908070
Some notes on the event:
- Please use the online ticket sale. All data registered online or on site will be stored for four weeks for contact tracing and then destroyed.
- It is necessary to wear a medical or FFP2 mask in all areas (can be removed at the seating area during the event), to keep distance to other people at all times (at least 1.5 metres), to wash or disinfect your hands regularly and to only sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm.
- In order to attend the event, you must currently provide proof of a daily negative test, of complete vaccination (the last vaccination must be 14 days ago) or of recovery.
- Please pay attention to signposting, indications and routing.
- Fixed seating are allocated.
- Visitors with symptoms of a cold and those who have had contact with a person suffering from COVID-19 in the last 14 days are asked to stay at home for their own protection and that of others. Guests with recognisable symptoms of a respiratory infection and those who are unwilling to engage with our precautions will unfortunately have to be asked to leave.
- We recommend using the federal government's Corona-Warn-App.
Photo: ©Roberto Bulgrin